Furnace is our youth group for those aged 14-18 (school years 10-13)
Sundays (in term time) from 7pm - 9pm.
Furnace usually meets at the Vicarage for their regular Sunday event. This usually involves food, games, time to chill, followed by a practical bible based teaching time with plenty of opportunities for questions and discussion. The group are used to having new people come and join them and they seek to be welcoming and inclusive. Our aim as leaders is to help and support each young person at this challenging stage of life as they seek to understand what the Bible has to say about Jesus himself and also what it means to live our lives with him as our King and saviour.
A couple of times a term we do something different. For example, we have had big screen film nights, pizza making, pancake flipping, pamper evenings for the girls, high ropes activity, bowling and joining up with other youth groups for special events.
Furnace Programme for the Summer Term 2017
- 23rd April Intro: Awesome Jesus- Revelation Chapter 1
- 30th April Ephesus: Love, Love, Love - Revelation 2 v.1-7
- 7th May Smyrna: Under Pressure - Revelation 2 v.8-11
- 14th May Pergamum: Truth - Revelation 2 v.12-17
- 21st May Thyatira: Consistent – Revelation 2 v.18-29
- 28th May Half Term Break
- 6th June Sardis: Reputation – Revelation 3 v.1-6
- 11th June Philadelphia: Self- reliance – Rev 3 v.14-22
- 18th June Revelation 4
- 25th June Revelation 5
- 2nd July The Bridge Service at Holy Trinity Church - Starts 6.30pm til 8pm (doors open at 6.15)
- 9th July Church celebration for Keith’s birthday
- 17th July Revelation 21 and 22
- 24th July End of Term BBQ at Stuart and Suzanne’s - starts 6.30pm until 9pm
This summer for the first time we are going to Soul Survivor, a youth festival at the Peterborough showground. This will be a great opportunity to get to know each other better, to grow in their relationship with God and to have a great time worshipping him with many other young people.
Next Furnace session: 3rd September 2017
Next service Sunday 2nd July
Doors open 6.15pm for 6.30pm
The Bridge is a youth service run by young people, for young people in Chelmsford. To bring them together to praise God, to hear God’s word taught and respond to it. Also a time to encourage one another. If you are a young person in Chelmsford why not come along with your youth leader and the rest of your group? There will be time to worship through music, insightful teaching, time for prayer, games, a tuck shop and a warm welcome.
Young people in the church family get involved in many different ways within the church’s life. Some play in one of our music groups or help out at our monthly 4th at 4 service, others get involved with Ignite (our Sunday morning children’s work) and some take care of the projector or sound desk during services. Others help with refreshments after services. We are always looking for ways to use the gifts of each young person in the life of the church.
Want to know more? Contact Jo Roddy on 01245 359299